Saturday, December 12, 2009

Can there be too much of a good thing?


Honestly, can this be a real question? So sad it's true. My DD sent me an email for the 12 days of Christmas at Whataburger, a local favorite and we have been going there almost every other day for their "freebie" of the day. I'm not Compulsive, Cheap yes. I'd like to think myself frugal and during these hard times, I would like to thank all those businesses who put out all those great offers! My sister Linda, calls me the coupon queen. I invited her out yesterday for some shopping and sister-time. We "hook" up meeting at the HEB parking lot and informs me that after a quick stop at Panda Express for lunch we're heading for San Antonio. After a quick misquided run to find the place she wanted to go we stopped at Beall's dept store for some last minute Christmas shopping. Hadn't a clue what to get my mother, we were looking at the ladies sleepwear where of course we always check out the clearance rack. Where we found a lovely frock coat and nightgown set clearanced at $16.00. We look around some more and I find a nice blouse to go with my new pants. Well we go to check out and my sleepwear purchase came out to $7.50! What joy!! My sister was totally upset at my good fortune. She had to settle for a Beall's giftcard. When you have the gift well what can I say? .......:0)
We have been blessed this past year and hope that Everyone will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment