Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yummy for my tummy....


So with this HOT weather (103F) we've been eating alot of watermelon. mmmmmmmmmm. Recollections of my childhood past. I get my watermelons from the street vendor(s) parked alongside off Cape Rd. A friendly sort of chap. I made it a point Tues. just to stop and tell him that the last one I bought from him was "delish". It was super sweet. He got them from the good ole USA down in Floresvilles south of San Antonio. My nephew Avery is a chow hound for watermelons. I watched him Tues. and when my sis-in-law picked him up I noticed she had a watermelon for him. :0) So if you're craving something cool & sweet, go out and buy a watermelon! 4th of July is coming up!, and check out http://www.watermelon.org/ for cool recipes and carving instructions for special occasions. BTW this weekend in Luling, TX is the Watermelon Thump, can't wait. mmmmmmm watermelon. ssssssssslurp! :0P

1 comment: